Dubai Taxi FAQs – All You Need to Know
Moving around Dubai is quite hassle-free since the emirate boasts exquisite infrastructure and smooth public transportation. The extensive public transport network in Dubai has made the city easy to navigate for both tourists as well as residents. From Dubai metro to public buses, trams, monorail and taxis, you will find everything that makes the regular commute smooth. Out of all, those who want to commute solo can opt for the Dubai taxi, as it is one of the safest and reliable options for commuters. Here we have listed down some of the important Dubai taxi FAQs that may answer all your queries related to the service.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dubai Taxi
Here are some of the important Dubai Taxi FAQs to make taxi booking easier for you.
How to book a taxi in Dubai?
RTA taxis operate 24/7 in Dubai. There are several ways to book a taxi in Dubai:
- Simply book a taxi by flagging on the road.
- Send an SMS at 4774 by entering the area number and the number of the taxi rank.
To get in-depth knowledge about how to book a taxi in Dubai, give this guide a read.
How to book a taxi in Dubai online?
Booking the RTA Dubai taxi online is quite convenient for commuters. For instance:
- Commuters can download Careem App from Google Play or Apple Store and use the ‘Hala Taxi’ service.
- RTA S’hail App is also available on Google Play or Apple Store.
- You can also send an email at email@example.com to book a taxi service in Dubai.
What payment methods are available for Dubai taxis?
All Dubai taxis are installed with Point of Sale, hence paying taxi fare is a lot easier. You can pay for a Dubai taxi ride via:
- Debit/credit card
- NOL Card
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
How to call a taxi in Dubai?
You can call the Dubai Taxi Corporation at +971-4-208-0808 and reserve a taxi.
How can I make a complaint or report about a lost item?
The steps involved to report in RTA are:
- Register your profile at the RTA website
- Login to your account and select the case type
- Fill the form available
How much does Dubai taxi charge per km?
The minimum fare of RTA Dubai Taxi is AED 12, while 1.82 is an additional per km charge. Besides, the waiting charges are AED 30 per hour.
What is the starting fare of a Dubai taxi?
- Starting fare from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM: AED 5
- Starting fare from 10:00 PM to 06:00 AM: AED 5.5
However, the taxi fare varies from one service to another. For instance, the fare of DTC Limousine Service starts from AED 25, while per km is 3.25 from the airport. On the other hand, the base fare of Airport Taxi is AED 25 and AED 1.96 will be added per km. You can also book the Hala service via Careem App.
Hala Taxi Fare
- Starting fare: 8 AED
- Minimum ride fare 12 AED
- Charges per km: 1.91 AED
- Waiting (below 16 km/h): AED AED 0.50 per min
How to book a pink taxi in Dubai?
Finding transportation for women in the UAE is quite hassle-free. The all-ladies taxi in Dubai is for families and can be reserved via Dispatch Centre directly. You can also book a pick-up by Ladies and Family Taxi by calling 04-2080808 directly.
How to book a Hala taxi in Dubai?
Hala taxi can be booked via Careem App. All you need is to follow these steps:
- Create an account on the Careem app
- Select ‘Hala Taxi’ option available in car types
- For more passengers book the ‘Hala Van’
- Confirm your pick up location
- Select your destination
- Pick a payment option
- Tap ‘Yalla‘ and track your captain
Can people with determination travel via Dubai taxi?
Yes, people of determination can easily book the People of Determination Taxi service in Dubai. The vehicle is equipped with modern equipment and professional drivers. Besides, UAE also offers other driving facilities to people with determination.
What is the base fare of People with Determination Taxi?
The base fare of People with Determination Taxi starts at AED 25, while 1.96 will be added per km.
- The meter starts at AED 5 from 06:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- The meter starts from AED 5.5 from 10:00 pm to 06:00 am.
Here we conclude the list of some of the important Dubai taxi FAQs. With the help of this guide, we hope that you won’t find any difficulty while using RTA taxis as public transport in Dubai. Besides RTA taxis, people can also use Dubai buses for their daily commute.
On the contrary, if you find using public transport inconvenient, you can buy your car and drive around the city freely. You can find a range of used cars for sale in Dubai. Popular options include:
- Used BMW for sale online in Dubai
- Second-hand Ford in Dubai for sale online
- Used Mercedes-Benz for sale in Dubai
- Second-hand Toyota in Dubai for sale
- Used Nissan for sale in Dubai
Stay tuned to the UAE’s leading auto blog to get more updates on public transportation.