An Ultimate Guide to RTA Buses in Dubai
Getting around in Dubai is quite convenient and economical, thanks to the efforts of the Road and Transport Authority (RTA). RTA launched Dubai buses to facilitate travelling within the emirate and across the Emirates. The public bus network in Dubai is extensive and highly well-managed. Proper regulations and processes are in place to ensure convenience and ease. This comprehensive guide on RTA buses will help you understand how the system works and how you can avail this transport facility.
About Dubai Buses
The large fleet of public Dubai buses is operated by the Public Transport Agency (PTA), operated under RTA Dubai. The current fleet includes 1,518 buses, among which an extended bus network encompasses 35 lines connecting to metro stations, 8 fast lines, 119 internal lines as well as 12 inter-city bus lines and 62 internal lines. Covering approximately 82% of the Emirate’s metropolitan areas, this bus network facilitates a large number of commuters every day.
Types of RTA Buses in Dubai
Four types of buses serviced in the Emirate include double-decker (170), standard buses (935), articulated (339) and Metro link buses. Besides, the total number of RTA buses in Dubai is more than 1500.
Dubai Bus Fares
Dubai is divided into seven zones and public buses service each zone. Therefore, bus fares depend on the distance or number of zones you have travelled.
You can transfer from Bus to Metro, Tram and Water bus based in different zones to complete your journey. Hence, the transfers will also constitute your total fare.
Please take note that you can make the transfer within 30 minutes from a Metro to a bus. This way you will be charged for just one trip. Whereas if there’s a delay in taking a bus after checking out from the Metro station, you have to pay for two trips.
Dubai Bus Fare Payment Methods
The RTA Dubai bus fares are paid using NOL cards. The minimum fare within one zone using a NOL card is AED 3. Detailed below are the fares charged by NOL cards:
Fare according to zone
Blue Personal Card
Red Card (Ticket)
Fare according to zone
Within 1 Zone
Blue Personal Card
Red Card (Ticket)
Fare according to zone
2 Adjacent Zone
Blue Personal Card
Red Card (Ticket)
Fare according to zone
More than 2 Zones
Blue Personal Card
Red Card (Ticket)
Students, social affairs, senior citizens and residents holding blue personalised cards enjoy up to 50% off on their rides. However, travelling within the city and in the neighbourhood is completely free for People of Determination and children (5 years or under).
Besides, AED 200 is charged to passengers if:
- They use an invalid Nol card
- They use an expired Nol card
- They fail to provide Nol card upon request from the authority
- They use cards designated to others
- They sell their Nol card without informing RTA
Moreover, passengers using a fake NOL card, will be charged AED 500.
Public Bus Stations and Routes in Dubai
The bus stations in Dubai have different buses running on different routes. The Emirate has several bus stations that include two main bus stations, seven sub-bus stations, five feeder bus stations and one outside bus station. The names of bus stations, categories are listed as under:
- Main bus stations: Al Ghubaiba and Gold Souq
- Sub bus stations: Al Satwa, Al Quasis, Al Sabkha, Deira City Centre, Al Karama, Al Quouz and Union Square
- Feeder bus stations: Mall of Emirates, Al Rashidiya, Ibn Battuta, Abu Hail and Jebel Ali
- External bus station: Hatta
Dubai Bus Timings
Departure timings of Dubai buses vary, depending on the respective station. As given on the RTA’s official website, Dubai bus timings are between 4:00 AM to 1:00 AM (the next day). The C01 bus on the CBD route services in the city for 24 hours.
Moreover, you can view the timetable of buses in Dubai on the RTA Dubai App and S’hail App.
RTA Dubai Bus Routes
Public buses in Dubai service seven different types of RTA bus routes. We have listed all the Dubai bus routes to help you identify your closest station and which route you should take to reach your destination within the Emirate and in the neighbouring cities.
Bus Types and Their Respective Routes
The bus routes are comparatively faster and have limited stops connecting to prime areas of Dubai. RTA has pinned these stops on central locations for the convenience of daily commuters. Here is the list of bus routes of different buses in Dubai
Express Bus Routes
Here is the list of Express Bus Routes with their route IDs.
- 13B Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Qusais Bus Station
- 91A Gold Souq Bus Station to Jebel Ali Bus Station
- X02 Union MS to Al Satwa
- X13 LuLu Village to Al Satwa Bus Station
- X22 Al Qusais Industrial Area 2 to Business Bay MS
- X23 Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to International City
- X25 Al Karama Bus Station to Silicon Oasis HQ
- X28 Lulu Village to Dubai Internet City MS
- X64 Al Baraha Bus Station to Ras Al Khor
- X92 Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Dubai Investment Park
- X94 Gold Souq Bus Station to Dubai Investment Park
Feeder Bus Route
The Feeder route buses service from bus stations located at Mall of the Emirates, Jebel Ali, Ibn Battuta, Abu Hail and Al Rashidiya. These bus stations are pinned at or near the Dubai Metro stations facilitating passengers to other areas of the Emirate. The Feeder buses operate during Dubai Metro operating hours and are frequent.
Here is the list of Feeder Bus Routes in Dubai:
- F01 Union MS to Al Baraha
- F02 Etisalat MS to Al Muhaisnah 4
- F03 Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Mirdiff West
- F04 GGICO MS to Sabkha, Turnoff
- F05 Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Mizhar 1
- F06 Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Al Rashidiya
- F07 Etisalat MS to AL Qusais DM Housing
- F08 Dubai Festival City to Al Nahda 2
- F09 Al Jafiliya Bus Station(Dubai Frame)to Al Wasl Park
- F10 Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Dubai Safari Park
- F11 Financial Center MS to Al Satwa
- F12 MAX MS to Al Wasl Park
- F13 Dubai Mall MS to The Dubai Mall
- F14 Business Bay 2 Bus Station to Business Bay MS
- F15 Al Safa MS to Al Qouz Industrial Area 2
- F16 Al Safa MS to Al Qouz, New Housing
- F17 Al Safa MS to Al Khail Gate
- F18 Oud Metha MS to Lamcy Plaza
- F19A Bay Square to Business Bay 2 Bus Station
- F19B Business Bay 2 Bus Station to Bay Square
- F20 Business Bay MS to Al Safa 1
- F21 Al Nahda MS to Al Nahda 2
- F22 Stadium MS to Qusais Industrial Area 2
- F23 Stadium MS to Al Nahda Terminus
- F23A Stadium MS to Al Nahda 1,Terminus 2
- F24 Stadium MS to Qusais Industrial Area 3
- F25 Umm Al Sheif MS to Al Quoz Industrial Area 3 & 4
- F26 Al Safa MS to Umm Al Sheif MS
- F27 Al Jafiliya Bus Station to Al Satwa
- F28 Emirates Tower MS to Satwa
- F29 EQUITI MS to Al Wasl Road
- F30 Mall of Emirates Bus Station to Dubai Studio City
- F31 Dubai Internet City MS to The Meadows East
- F32 Mall of Emirates Bus Station to The Sustainable City
- F33 Mall of Emirates Bus Station to Al Barsha 3
- F34 DIC MS to Dubai Production City
- F35 Mall of Emirates Bus Station to The Greens
- F36 Mall of Emirates Bus Station to Arjan
- F37 Mall of Emirates Bus Station to Sports City
- F38 Jumeirah Golf Estates MS to Dubai Sports City
- F41 Business Bay MS to Coral Tower
- F43 Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Discovery Gardens
- F44 Energy MS to Jebel Ali Gardens
- F45 Al Furjan to Discovery Gardens
- F46 Ibn Battuta Bus Station to DIP 2
- F47 Danube MS to DIP 2
- F48 Danube MS to DIP 2
- F49 Danube MS to Jebel Ali Industrial Area
- F50 DIP MS to DIP 2
- F51 DIP MS to DIP 1
- F53 Danube MS to Dubai Ind’l City
- F54 Danube MS to JAFZA South
- F55 Expo 2020 MS to AMI Airport (PTB)
- F56 DIC MS to Al Khail MS
- F57 Jebel Ali MS to Bluewater Island
- F60 Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Downtown Mirdiff Gate
- F61 Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Al Warqa’a
- F62 Nadd Al Hamar to Emirates Metro Station
- F70 Oud Metha Bus Station to Dubai Museum
- F81 Al Qusais Ind’l Area Terminus 1 to Al Nahda MS
Night Dubai Bus Routes
There are two buses that service in the city from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM every day to facilitate residents during late hours. The night bus routes in Dubai are:
- N30 International City to Dubai International Airport Terminal 2
- N55 Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Maktoum Airport
Urban Bus Routes
Here is the list of Urban Bus Routes in Dubai:
- 5 from Abu Hail MS to Union Square Bus Station
- 6 Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Dubai Healthcare City
- 7 from Al Quoz, Bus Station to Al Satwa
- 8 from Al Baraha Bus Station to Ibn Battuta Bus Station
- 9 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Business Bay MS
- 10 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Quoz Bus Station
- 11A from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Awir Immigration
- 11B from Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Al Awir Immigration
- 12 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Quoz Bus Station
- 13 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Qusais DM Housing
- 13A from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Qusais Bus Station
- 13D from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Qusais Bus Station
- 14 from Oud Metha Bus Station to Safa Terminus
- 15 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Khail Gate
- 17 from Al Sabkha Bus Station to Muhaisnah 4, Wasl Oasis 2
- 18 from Al Nahda 1 to Muhaisinah 4
- 19 from Al Nahda 1 to Al Qusais
- 20 from Al Warsan 3 to Al Nahda 1, Terminus 2
- 21 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Quoz Industrial Areato4
- 22 from Deira City Center Bus Station to Al Nahda 1
- 23 from Oud Metha Bus Station to Al Nahda 1
- 24 from Al Nahda 2 to International City Bus Station
- 26 from Oud Metha Bus Station to Business Bay 2 Bus Station
- 27 from Gold Souq Bus Station to The Dubai Mall
- 28 from The Dubai Mall to Oud Metha Bus Station
- 29 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to The Dubai Mall
- 30 from Dubai Mall MS to Dubai Sky Courts
- 31 from Airport Terminal 2 to Oud Al Mateena
- 32C from Al Qusais Bus Station to Al Satwa Bus Station
- 33 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Qusais Bus Station
- 34 from Etisalat MS to Al Khawaneej 2
- 43 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Qusais Industrial Area 2
- 44 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Rashidiya Bus Station
- 50 from International City Bus Station to Al Khail Gate 1
- 53 from Gold Souq Bus Station to International City
- 55 from Al Satwa Bus Station to International City
- 56 from Danube Metro Station to DWC, Staff Village
- 61 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Ras Al Khor Samari Residence
- 61D from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Nad Al Shiba Clinic
- 62 from Al Qusais Industrial Area 5 to Ras Al Khor Vegetable Mar
- 63E from Al Qusais Bus Station to Al Quoz Bus Station
- 64 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Ras Al Khor
- 64A from Gold Souq Bus Station to Ras Al Khor Samari Residence
- 66 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Faqa
- 68 from Lehbab First Park to Seeh Al Salam
- 67 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Dubai Endurance City
- 77 from Baniyas MS to Al Garhoud, RTA HQ
- 81 from The Dubai Mall to Mall Of Emirates Bus Station
- 83 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Khail MS
- 84 from Al Khail Gate to Jumeirah Beach Residence Station
- 88 from Deira City Center Bus Station to Dubai Internet City MS
- 91 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Jebel Ali Bus Station
- 93 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Mall Of Emirates Bus Station
- 95 from Al Baraha Bus Station to Jebel Ali Waterfront Labour Camp
- 95A from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Jebel Ali Waterfront Labour Camp
- 96 from Al Quoz Bus Station to DIP
- 97 from Al Qusais Bus Station to Jebel Ali Industrial Area 7
- 98E from Al Quoz Bus Station to Al Satwa
- 99 from Jebel Ali Bus Station to UAE Exchange MS
- 110 from Al Safa Metro Station to Al Quoz Creative
- 310 from Al Rashidiya Bus Station to International City
- 320 from Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Academic City
- 367 from Etisalat MS to Silicon Oasis
- D03 from Dubai Mall MS to Dubai Design District
- DPR1 from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Dubai Parks and Resorts
- DS1 from Expo 2020 MS to Dubai South
- J01 from Mall Of Emirates Bus Station to Jumeirah Village Circle
- J02 from IMPZ to Mira
- J03 from Dubai Studio City to Damac Hills
- J04 from Dubai Studio City to Remraam
- JLT1 from Sobha Realty MS to JLT, Damas
- JLT2 from DMCC MS to JLT, Silver Tower
- SM1 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Souq Al Marfa Deira
Urban Central Business District (CBD) Bus Routes
Central Business District (CBD) bus routes operate in the prime central business district of the Emirate. You can locate CBD bus stops in Deira and Bur Dubai, primarily. The buses on this route run between the following starting and ending stops:
- C01 from Airport Terminal 3 to Al Satwa Bus Station
- C03 from Al Karama Bus Station to Abu Hail MS
- C04 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Jaddaf
- C05 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Al Ghubaiba Bus Station
- C09 from Al Satwa Bus Station to Hor Al Anz East, Qiyadah MS
- C10 from Hamriya Port, Control Tower to Mercato Shopping Mall
- C15 from Hamriya Port, Control Tower to Deira City Center Bus Station
- C18 from Shaikh Rashid Colony to Lamcy Plaza
- C26 from Al Wasl Park to Qusais Ind’l Area
- C28 from Gold Souq Bus Station to Mamzar Beach Park
Seasonal Bus Routes
RTA runs buses on routes that head to some major attractions in Dubai. These are called seasonal bus routes since they service for a specific time period. Global Village and Dubai Miracle Garden are two renowned tourist attractions in the Emirate that are open for a specific duration. You can easily reach these places via RTA Express buses running on seasonal routes, listed below:
- 102 from Al Rashidiya Bus Station to Global Village
- 103 from Union MS to Global Village
- 104 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Global Village
- 105 from Mall Of Emirates Bus Station to Miracle Garden
- 106 from Mall Of Emirates Bus Station to Global Village
Hatta Bus Routes
RTA is operating the following Hatta Bus Routes:
- H02 from Hatta Bus Station to Dubai Mall
- H03 from Hatta Bus Station to Masfut, Sheikh Khalifa Hospital
- H04 from Hatta Bus Station to Heritage Village
Route H02 operates from 7 AM to 7 PM daily with 2 hours difference using deluxe coaches. They charge AED 25 per rider per journey.
Whereas, Route H04, Hatta Hop on-Hop Off, starts and ends at Hatta Bus Station. It passes through Hatta Wadi Hub, Hatta Hill Park, Hatta Dam and Heritage Village. It operates from 7 AM to 9 PM daily with 30 minutes difference. The ride is charged AED 2 per rider per bus stop.
Intercity Bus Routes
The Intercity bus routes by RTA facilitate commuting to other neighbouring cities of Dubai. Usually, RTA buses run from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Al Ain and Hatta. The buses on this route are prefixed with E.
Here is the list of intercity bus routes currently operational from Dubai:
- E100 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station
- E101 from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station
- E102 from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Mussafa Shabia Bus Station
- E16 from Al Sabkha Bus Station to Hatta Bus Station
- E201 Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Ain Bus Station
- E301 Al Ahli Club to Sharjah, Al Taawun Terminus
- E303 from Union Square MS to Al Jubail Bus Station, Sharjah
- E304 Al Satwa Bus Station to Al Jubail Bus Staton, Sharjah
- E306 from Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Jubail Bus Station, Sharjah
- E307 from Deira City Center Bus Station to Al Jubail Bus Station, Sharjah
- E315 from Etisalat Metro Station to Muwaileh, Sharjah
- E316 from Al Rashidiyah Bus Station to Sharjah University
- E400 from Union Square MS to Ajman Bus Station
- E411 from Etisalat Metro Station to Ajman Bus Station
- E700 from Etisalat Metro Station to Fujairah
- E303A from Al Sabkha Bus Station to Al Jubail Bus Station, Sharjah
- E307A from Abu Hail Metro Station to Al Jubail Bus Station, Sharjah
Luxury Coaches in Dubai for Intercity Commute
Luxury buses in Dubai are also used as an alternative mode for inter-city commuting. RTA had launched these luxury coaches in 2018 that run from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. Besides, some of the deluxe luxury buses also feature audio-video entertainment facilities and wireless Internet services.
These luxury commute options are also preferred for travelling outside the UAE. The fare for each ride per side is AED 20, which is quite affordable as compared to other public transport in Dubai used for intercity commute.
Moreover, the new Dubai bus and taxi lane extension project is planned to execute from 2023 – 2027 which will add 8 more streets to the already operational routes.
Though RTA plans and schedules bus routes in the Emirate, but it also offers residents an option to propose new public bus routes in Dubai.
Dubai Bus On-Demand
Dubai Bus On-Demand app is an initiative by the Road and Transport Authority (RTA). It’s a ride-sharing service for residents and tourists, both. They can avail this service simply by downloading the Dubai Bus On-Demand app (Android | iOS). Register yourself on the app to use the ride-sharing service.
This is an affordable commute option operational in specific zones in Dubai. The Dubai Bus On-Demand service accommodates many travellers at a time heading towards the same destination. Users can book a ride on the shared bus using the app.
Simply enter your address and the route to book. The bus will pick you from the closest spot and drop near your inserted destination.
Dubai Bus On-Demand Routes
This service is only used for intra-city commuting. For now, it covers only: Dubai Silicon Oasis, Al Barsha 1, 2 and 3, Academic City and Al Nahda. If the demand increases, more buses will be added to the fleet.
You can only commute within the same zone from where the trip started. However, to travel in another zones, you need to book a ride separately.
Bus On-Demand Fare and Payment Method
You can pay for the fare using a valid credit card or NOL card. The fare per trip/passenger is AED 5 and AED 4 for an additional passenger on the same trip.
How to Plan Your Journey on a Dubai Bus
When it comes to locating public bus stations and routes in Dubai, S’hail mobile app and Google Maps are the two best options for the said purpose. You can conveniently find routes and stations through these applications and plan your journey accordingly.
Plan your Journey via S’hail App
S’hail is an RTA powered mobile application that assists everyone in navigating all the public modes of transportation, including buses in Dubai. The app provides real-time details of toll-gate fares, transit, locations of bus stations and stops, commute time and distance and traffic information.
In order to plan your trip and access S’hail app’s services, follow the given steps:
- Download S’hail App – iOS | Android
- Register on the app
- Select Trip Planning on the app
- Enter your destination details from current location
- The app will present all the possible public transport options you can avail
S’hail provides users with the convenience to compare fares and duration for their respective destinations.
Plan your Journey via Google Maps
You can locate bus stations near you using Google Maps. Simply add your location in the map, and the app will show all the stations, pinned nearby. The map will also highlight the route from your location to the bus station, along with approximate commute time and distance.
Plan your journey via RTA’s website
You can plan your journey in Dubai on the RTA website as well. Simply visit the website, select public transport and choose ‘Journey Planner’. Enter your location and destination details from the available options, select date and timings and check the bus from the preferred transportation section.
Besides, you have route options to choose from, for example, routes with minimum walking distance, fastest routes and routes with fewer changes. Click on the ‘Show My Journey’ button and all the relevant details of your commute will appear.
When you choose to plan your journey via RTA’s website, you can then also pay the fare price online using your Nol card.
Facilities in RTA Dubai Buses
The RTA bus stations and buses in Dubai are equipped with different facilities for the convenience of commuters. Along with other facilities they also announce new service timings for Eid Ul Adha and other holidays to ensure the availability of public transport. For instance:
- There are 17 bus stations in Dubai. These buses are fully air-conditioned.
- There are 2158 bus stands across the Emirate, including 554 waiting areas for passengers that are fully air-conditioned.
- All the bus stops, stations and buses have screens displaying information related to stops and routes.
- Alert sounds are played on door opening and closing. Flashlight signals are installed to facilitate passengers with hearing impairment.
- Bus stations and buses in Dubai have dedicated space for People of Determination (PoD). Wheelchair users can board the bus with ease and settle on their allotted space. Also, there are more facilities for People of Determination using public transport in Dubai.
- RTA buses also have separate sections for females and children.
- All the main public bus stops in Dubai feature vending machines and cafeterias.
- NOL top-up machines are installed at the main bus stops in the Emirate.
- There is also a dedicated section for women, children and families as well.
- The main stations offer proper parking spaces for bicycles and taxis.
- E-card machines for card swapping are installed in the bus for the ease of passengers.
General Guidelines on Using Public Buses in Dubai
- The three rows behind the driver’s seat are reserved for ladies and children.
- Eating, drinking and smoking is prohibited in the bus and doing so may result in hefty fines.
- Spitting and littering is strictly prohibited and will result in hefty fines.
- Animals are not allowed on the bus.
- Don’t carry heavy luggage with you on the bus.
- Playing musical instruments or creating noise on the bus is also prohibited.
RTA Dubai Contact Information
You can get in touch with the RTA, by filling up the form on the RTA website.
Other forms of contacts are via email, call or a personal visit.
Email address: ASK@rta.ae
Address: Roads & Transport Authority, P. O. Box: 118899, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone number: 800-90-90 or chat with a customer service agent anytime via the RTA Dubai official website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Pay for Bus in Dubai?
You can pay the bus fare in cash or via NOL card.
At What Time Does RTA Bus Start?
The timings vary depending on the bus type and other factors. However, generally, the RTA buses start servicing from 4:00 AM.
The guide on buses in Dubai concludes here. Besides, if you want to start your own private transportation business within the city, you can buy from an array of used buses for sale in Dubai.
That said, if commuting via bus is much of a hassle for you, then you may opt buy a used car in Dubai that fits your budget.
Stay tuned to the UAE’s popular auto blog for more information about different modes of public transport across the UAE, fares, traffic fines, laws and more.