How to Apply for RTA’s Information Signs Permit
Dubai has an extensive road network crisscrossing through different areas of the emirate. Behind this complex road system lies a meticulously planned and executed series of road signs that help millions of people navigate the city and beyond. These signs are not only limited to road directions but are also used to highlight popular tourist attractions, hospitals and other significant places. Recently, RTA has digitalised the process of obtaining information signs permits to facilitate the people.
Mentioned below are all the details about RTA’s new way to apply for information signs on roads.
RTA Automated Issuance of Information Sign Permits
Road signs are common in metropolitan cities, but RTA Dubai also allows information signs to be placed along with road signs. These information signs are used to highlight important places on the route, including commercial, cultural, tourist and other important sites in the Emirates.
Here is how you can avail of RTA’s new way to apply for information signs on roads.
How to Apply
You can apply for the RTA permits for the installation of supplementary signs by following these steps.
- Step 1: Log in to the RTA Account
- Step 2: Enter necessary details regarding the information sign, including site location, service provided, total area, facility details, services provided and facility classification (if applicable).
- Step 3: Upload all the required documents (mentioned below)
- Step 4: Pay the fees after receiving an approval notification
- Step 5: After paying the fee, the request is forwarded to the Maintenance Department
- Step 6: The permit will be issued once the plates are completed
The following sets of documents are required to submit the application for an information sign permit.
- Dubai Municipality land plan
- Valid commercial licence
- Classification Certificate
- Plan showcasing locations for panel installation
Please remember that the department may or may not ask for additional documents other than the aforementioned ones.
To apply for the RTA’s information sign permit, applicants are required to pay the following charges.
For Temporary Panels
The fees for temporary panels are paid on a monthly basis.
- The application fee is AED 100/plate
- AED 3,500/plate is charged for signs on local and collective roads
- AED 5,000/plate is charged for signs on arterial and free roads.
For Permanent Panels
Applicants of permanent panels are required to pay the fees on a yearly basis.
- The application fee is AED 100/plate
- AED 15,000/plate is charged for signs on local and collective roads
- AED 25,000/plate is charged for signs on arterial and free roads.
To know more about the roads and highways, read through our blog on major highways in the UAE.
Terms & Conditions to Apply for Information Sign Installation Permit
Applicants must adhere to the following terms and conditions to get the RTA permits for the installation of supplementary signs.
- After approval, the sign will be installed either by approved contractors or by the Road and Facilities Maintenance Department.
- Customers are obligated to submit the permit renewal or cancellation request one month prior to the current permit expiry.
- In case the permit is not renewed after the expiry date, the signs will be removed at the customer’s expense, along with additional fines.
What is the validity of RTA’s supplementary information sign permit?
The supplementary information sign permit is initially valid for three months only. However, the validity of indicative signs can be from one month to one year, depending on the permit.
Will I get my money back if I cancel the information sign permit?
No, refunds are not applicable to these services, even after the customer requests to cancel the permit.
Do I have to follow any specific design guidelines when installing information signs on the road?
Yes, every customer is obligated to follow the design guidelines and standards of the RTA.
What is the fee to cancel the plate?
Plate cancellation is free of cost.
This was all about the RTA’s new way to apply for information signs on roads. The road and information signs are necessary to help people manoeuvre through the city. However, keeping an eye on the road while browsing the signboards is necessary to avoid accidents. That said, some modern vehicles have advanced technology to detect and read sign boards. These vehicles are safer and help in accident prevention. If you are also interested in availing these features, browse through these used cars for sale in Dubai and choose a modern vehicle from an array of options.
Besides, if you are new to the Emirates, here are some important UAE traffic signs that you must be aware of.
Stay tuned to dubizzle’s auto blog for more information on how to apply for a supplementary signs installation permit RTA.