Documents Required For Buying New And Used Cars In Dubai
Dubai offers several modes of public commute to the residents, but having your car to drive across the city has its own benefits. If you want to buy a car, new or old, the first thing you need is to make sure you have all the documents required for buying a car in Dubai. Both new and used cars have slightly different requirements.
For new cars, you can head to the authorised dealers and showrooms. But, if you are looking for used cars for sale in Dubai, there are plenty of options to explore on dubizzle. A few of the popular makes are:
- Used Mercedes-Benz for sale in Dubai
- Used Toyota for sale online in Dubai
- Second-hand Nissan in Dubai for sale online
- Second-hand BMW in Dubai for sale
- Second-hand Ford in Dubai for sale online
To guide you through the process, here is a list of documents required for buying a car in Dubai. We have divided the list for new and second-hand cars for your convenience.
Checklist of Documents Required for Buying a New and Used Car in Dubai
The process of buying a car in Dubai is seamless. When you buy a new car from an authorised dealer, most of the paperwork is handled by the car dealer.
Documents Required for Buying a New Car in Dubai
When you are ready for a new one, it is mandatory to take the following documents along required for buying a car in Dubai:
- UAE residence visa (original and copy) – A residence visa is mandatory for opening a bank account in the UAE as well as for buying automobiles.
- Passport (original and copy)
- UAE resident ID – Also called Emirates ID, it is mandatory for everyone working and living in any of the emirates in the UAE.
- A valid UAE driving licence – Driving licences from specific countries (GCC and several European countries) are valid for driving a car in Dubai.
- Insurance documents – It is mandatory to insure your new car before you drive it out of the showroom.
Besides, these are the documents needed to buy a car on finance:
- A salary certificate or employer’s letter, if financed through a bank or a loan company
- Bank statements from previous months (usually for 3 to 6)
Documents Required for Buying a Used Car in Dubai
You should know which documents are required for buying a car when you have finally decided to get a second-hand model. Besides, don’t forget to prepare a checklist before buying a used car in the UAE. Here is a list of documents that you should have when buying a used car in Dubai:
- UAE residence visa
- Emirates ID
- Passport copy
- Car insurance agreement copy
- Previous registration card for the vehicle
- Valid Dubai driving licence
- Inspection certificate obtained from an authorised Vehicle Testing Centre
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A USED CAR IN DUBAI
There are several reasons to consider when buying a used car, a few of them are:
- A used vehicle under financing cannot be transferred to another motorist without a no-objection certificate from the bank.
- Obtain a complete inspection report and other documents that detail the history of the car.
- Check for outstanding fines before registration. You can check fine status on the official Dubai Police website.
That’s all about the documents you will need to buy a car. Whether you plan to buy a new car or a used car in Dubai, make sure that you have the aforementioned documents..
Stay tuned to UAE’s top auto blog for more information about buying and selling cars in Dubai.