When and How To Change Car Seat Covers
Whether you are using your car for regular commute, road trips or adventures, car seat covers are one of the first to become grungy. Hence, it is important to know when and how to change car seat covers to maintain auto hygiene.
To make the matter easier for you, we have compiled a detailed guide that can help you in understanding when you need to change car seat covers and how to do that.
When To Change Car Seat Covers
Most of the car seats last around five to seven years after they were manufactured. However, just because your car seat’s lifespan is this long doesn’t mean that the car seat covers will also last this long too. Even though you can remove stains from leather car seats, sometimes you need to change the covers if they are getting worn out.
As per the auto repair experts, car seat covers must be changed in a year or two for maintenance and hygiene purposes. Sometimes you need to change them as the need arises; for instance, fading colours, peeling leather or foul smell. Also, the extreme weather conditions damage the leather car seat covers in the UAE.
There are many other reasons to change the car seat covers such as some people want to increase the car’s market value while others change the seat covers to make a car look expensive. Moreover, you can also change the car seat cover to maintain the original upholstery and extend the life of the car seats. Here are some more tips for car interior protection to follow.
Changing car seat covers also helps in boosting the aesthetic of a vehicle or providing a comfortable ride to the driver as well as passengers. However, before you plan where to buy a car seat cover in Dubai, make sure you know the car’s age, model and seat style.
How To Install Car Seat Covers
To change seat covers, it is first necessary to buy the right model, suitable for your vehicle. To do this, you can buy car seats and other car accessories in the UAE from dubizzle at market competitive rates. You can also buy baby car seats for sale in the UAE.
Once the covers are received, comes the installation stage. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, unbuckle the chest clip and the harness from the car seat then start removing the cover from the headrest.
- Remove the headrests. Then slide the cover over the back cushion. Thread the lower straps through the gap and inside the buckles.
- Replace the flap panel and pull the back part of the backrest cover to remove the folds. Then attach the Velcro flange to the flap to secure it. Stretch the headrest covers then reinstall the headrests on the seats.
- Pull the seat cover over the top of your seat. Make sure the seams line up with the sides of the seats. Tuck the bottom of the fabric into the seat recess until it reaches the back of the seat. Go to the back of your seat to pull the tab on the seat cover until it is tight.
- Attach the wing portion of the seat cover that you pulled through the back of the seat to the top of the seat. Press any excess material into the creases of the car seat.
- Slide the seat cover over the bottom of the car seat. Make sure the seams are lined up. Tuck the wing part with the belt buckle in the seat recess towards the back. Go to the back of the front seat to pull the wing until it is snug.
- Push the straps toward the back of the seat and under the seat. From the back of the seat, pass the belt straps through the buckle and adjust. Tuck the excess material into the seat panel.
- Place the seat cover on the headrest. The soft part of the Velcro should be at the back of the headrest and the rough part of the headrest should be at the front. Once the seat cover is on, seal the two parts of the Velcro fasteners.
Repeat the process for all the seats. Once you change the car seat covers, adjust all the creases by tucking in the leftover cover parts.
This ends our guide about when and how to change car seat covers. Those who are planning to buy used cars in Dubai must check the car seat condition to avoid additional expenses.
Stay tuned to the UAE’s top auto blogs, if you find this guide useful.