All About Sunroof
On a pleasant day or a starry night, an open-air driving experience makes the trip more enjoyable. Those who drive a convertible are lucky in this regard – but for those who don’t want a convertible, a car with a sunroof can be a really good option.
A sunroof is a retractable panel on an automobile’s roof that allows cool natural air and light to enter. There are other benefits of the sunroof as well. Today, we will discuss everything you need to know about a sunroof.
Types of Car Sunroofs
Sunroofs in cars are mainly available in three types: tilting sunroof, sliding sunroof and a panoramic sunroof
- Tilting Sunroof is a type of sunroof in which the glass surface is lifted up and down to open or close the sunroof.
- Sliding Sunroof is a type of sunroof in which the glass surface slides backwards and forwards to open or close the sunroof
- Panoramic Sunroof is a large glass that covers the entirety of vehicle’s top.
The terms “sunroof” and “moonroof” are often used interchangeably but incorrectly. A moonroof, unlike a sunroof, has a tinted glass panel and allows sunlight to enter even without the need to open the roof.
Benefits of Sunroofs in Cars
Are you wondering whether a sunroof is worth it? Take a look at 4 of the most compelling benefits of a sunroof below.
- Improved Ventilation — If you open the window in a traffic jam, you will absorb a significant amount of exhaust pollutants and particles. However, sunroof uses the principle of negative pressure ventilation to provide better ventilation than windows. Due to the pressure difference between the air flowing inside and outside the car, the fresh air comes inside the car and the air accumulated inside the car exits via sunroof.
- Improved Visibility
- Way of Safe Escape — If you are unable to depart through the doors in case of any accident, the sunroof might assist you in getting out. Most designs make it simple to remove the glass completely if you need to leave.
- Improves the driving experience by allowing passengers to view the beauty of the surroundings from the roof.
Disadvantages of a Sunroof
Sunroofs do have disadvantages as well. Technically speaking, manufacturing and installation of sunroof requires labor so automotive manufacturers will charge you extra if you opt for a car with a sunroof.
Other disadvantages of a sunroof include:
- Less fuel efficiency because sunroof increases the overall weight of your vehicle
- Reduced headroom
- More prone to leakage
- More susceptible to car break-ins.
- It can get jammed and then sunroof repair becomes an additional expense for your car
If the sunroof breaks, it may leak in the rain or when you wash the car. Therefore, you can learn the steps to fix the leaking sunroof.
Popular Cars With Sunroofs
If you are impressed by the features, you may be wondering which cars come up with a sunroof. Below, we list down some of the popular cars which come with a sunroof setting.
All the cars mentioned above are available at reasonable rates on dubizzle. In addition to this, dubizzle also has a large collection of other used cars for sale in the UAE.
This is all about sunroof in cars, sunroof types and sunroof disadvantages and advantages. To learn more about automobiles and the automotive industry, stay tuned to UAE’s leading auto blog.